Sat, 29 Jul|
GMN County Headquarters
Trustee Board Workshop Saturday 29th July 2023
This workshop is for all Trustees and Board members, including Chairs and Treasurers who attend Group, District or County Executive Committees.
Time & Location
29 Jul 2023, 09:30 – 13:00
GMN County Headquarters, 380 Rochdale Rd, Middleton, Manchester M24 2ST, UK
About the Event
WHO IS THIS WORKSHOP FOR? This workshop is for all Trustees and Board members, including Chairs and Treasurers who attend Group, District or County Executive Committees. This event is open to all Scout appointments wanting to know more about Trustee management. Participants will be expected to have completed the online Trustee training as a good foundation for this workshop.
HOW IS THIS DELIVERED? A District workshop consisting of briefing sessions over three and a half hours and focuses on how the Trustee Board operates and its effectiveness in managing the Group, District or County.
The sessions include:
• Officers of the Trustee Board, Ex Officio, Nominated, Elected and Co-Opted membership.
• Purpose of Effective Trustee Boards – Management and decision making involving Young People – Buildings and Content- Budgeting and Insurance – Promotion and support of Scouting – Effective running of an A G M and ordinary meetings
• Legal and POR requirements and the Charities Commission Governance guidelines
• Finance for non-financial members of the Trustee Board including budgeting
• Recruitment and Induction of Trustee Board members
Further workshop sessions will follow as per the Transformation process to accommodate later changes
The online training should be completed before attending the workshop – please use the link below (you may need to copy into your browser):